LGBTIQA+ & Same-Sex Lawyers
Leading Family Lawyers For LGBTIQA+ Relationships.
In Australia, under the Family Law Act, LGBTIQA+ relationships are treated identically to heterosexual relationships in relation to property, maintenance, and parenting matters. LGBTIQA+ relationships, especially same-sex relationships can face some extra challenges in family law, namely around legal parentage.
Our Melbourne family lawyers are compassionate, highly experienced and will advocate tirelessly on your behalf. If you are separating or have separated from your marriage or de facto partner or are looking to protect your assets in a current relationship, we can provide help with the following:
- Preparing and advising on agreements for property and spousal maintenance between you and your partner.
- Helping you satisfy the requirements for obtaining a divorce order including preparing required documents for the Court.
- Preparing interim orders and parenting plans, negotiating with the other party, conducting mediation sessions, completing the Family Dispute Resolution process, and representing you in the Family Court, as required.
- Advising on each parent’s child support obligations and registering an agreement with the Child Support Agency (CSA) or Family Court for consent orders (for children over 18 years of age).
- Provide specialist information on unique legal issues that arise in LGBTIQ+ relationships