Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Used Documents
- Application for Consent Orders Kit
- Financial Statement Kit
- Family Court of Australia:
- Federal Circuit Court of Australia: Guidelines for fee exemption, reduction, deferral and refund
- Child Support Estimator
- Child Support, Services Australia; basic overview of child support matters
- Child Support Guide; comprehensive overview of child support matters
- Child Support (Assessment) Act
- Leaving a Relationship
- Relationships Australia
- Relationship Matters
- Drummond Street Services
- Family Relationships Online; government overview of support services
- What is Family Mediation and Dispute Resolution?
- Family Dispute Resolution Providers
Helpful Reading Material
- Dealing with a Housing Crisis (Part One)
- Dealing with a Housing Crisis (Part Two)
- REIV – Finding a real estate agent
- Calculating Stamp Duty payable
- The Orange Door: a free service for adults, children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence and families who need extra support with the care of children
- Safe steps: the state-wide access point for those who need to leave a violent situation and access emergency crisis accommodation. Call safe steps on 1800 015 188 for help 24/7
- 1800RESPECT: a national sexual assault, domestic family violence counselling service can be contacted on 1800 737 732 to provide counselling, information and support services.
- Victoria Police
- Your local Magistrates’ Court
- Application for family violence intervention order can be made via the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria website if it is safe to do so. Applications can still be made in person at court if that is the safest option.
- WIRE: the Women’s Information Referral Service’s telephone support service assists Victorian women, nonbinary and gender-diverse people. WIRE can provide assistance to families in financial hardship and situations of financial abuse and family violence.
- Men’s Referral Service provides help and support for people at risk of family violence on 1300 766 491.
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1800 806 292.
- In case of an emergency, always call 000.
What is Collaborative Law?
- Australian Tax Office; general information
- Australian Tax Office; information regarding CGT
- Calculating CGT for real estate
- Child Support Agency
- Victoria Legal Aid
- Women’s Legal Service Victoria
- Community Legal Centres
- State Revenue Office Calculators
- Federal Circuit Court; legal words used in court