The cost of parenting a child until they can support themselves is daunting. At Sage Family Lawyers, we understand the costs and requirements of parenting children in their childhood, teen and early adult years to ensure you’re covered at every step.
Support for Children and Dependent Adult Children
Your children might be young but we ensure they have adequate financial support now and into early adulthood. Most children are still at high school or in further study at TAFE or university after their 18th birthday and aren’t in a position to support themselves.
Our Child Support & Maintenance Services can assist you with:
- Advice on each parent’s child support obligations
- Making a child support or adult child maintenance assessment
- Responding to a child support or adult child maintenance claim
- Reviewing and advising on an agreement you’ve drafted with your partner
- Registering an agreement with the Child Support Agency or Family Court for consent orders (for children over 18 years of age)