Binding Financial Agreements involve some of the most complex and strict requirements in family law that they must be prepared by experienced family lawyers. Binding Financial Agreements can be used within married, de facto or same sex relationships.
Whether you’re organising a prenuptial agreement early in a relationship or much later, it requires a compassionate and skilled family lawyer to handle the negotiation stage. At Sage Family Lawyers, our experience and strength assists us in preparing prenuptial agreements quickly and sensitively.
We also provide written independent legal advice after reviewing your drafted prenuptial agreement and answering your questions. Both parties are required to gain their own independent legal advice that outlines the advantages and disadvantages of the prenup and their rights before signing.
Binding Finding Agreements
Binding Financial Agreements may be used in a variety of situations to protect assets in case the relationship breaks down or on the death of a partner. They are most commonly used to protect assets for the children of a previous relationship.
Sage Family Lawyers can assist you in:
- Negotiations with the other party and preparation of your Binding Financial Agreement
- Providing advice on the terms of a Binding Financial Agreement prepared by your partner
- Negotiating on your behalf to ensure a Binding Financial Agreement meets your needs now and in the future
- Making a Binding Financial Agreement in conjunction with a Court Order for more security
- Amending, setting aside or terminating a Binding Financial Agreement due to changed circumstances, a mistake, fraud or duress
We can confidently advise you on your Binding Financial Agreement and ensure that it satisfies all legal requirements and meets the test of time.